While typical date ideas for baby boomers like dinner and a movie can be nice, sometimes it pays to think a little outside the box as you may discover more exciting ways to get to know your love interest. Following are a few fun date ideas to get those creative juices flowing when it comes to planning your next date.
5 Innovative Date Ideas For Baby Boomers
• Break Out of the Ordinary. Ever wonder what it would be like to try rock climbing? What about go to a standup comedy show? Always wanted learn how to dance salsa? Why not try it out on a date. So what if it ends up that you both have two left feet? That could be half the fun! The point is that trying something new can be exhilarating, especially when it comes to date ideas for baby boomers. It isn’t about being good at something, but about enjoying the time together and sharing an experience that it totally new for both of you.
• Get Cooking. You don’t need to be an experienced cook to get in the kitchen and create a meal together. Whether you know the difference between boil and blanch, or not, it really doesn’t matter. The key here is fun and teamwork. Pick out a recipe together that you both think you would enjoy, go grocery shopping for the necessary ingredients, and then grab the pots and pans. There is something that is both satisfying and therapeutic – not to mention romantic – about the process of cooking with and sitting down to enjoy a meal with that special someone that you can enjoy together.
• Become One with Nature. Whether you live by the ocean, the mountains, woods or plains – there is an opportunity nearby to get out into nature. Breathe in that fresh air and take the time to admire the natural beauty around you. This is one of the best date ideas for seniors as it offers a chance to recharge and reminds us just how amazing our planet is, and what better way to experience this than with a romantic partner. So get away from the hustle and bustle of the city or banality of the burbs, and find yourselves an outdoor adventure! There’s a whole world out there just waiting to be explored.
• Be Tourists for a Day. Often times we get so used to the towns and cities in which we live that we don’t take advantage of all they have to offer. You don’t need to travel to far away lands to experience the excitement of exploration. Dreaming of a trip to Spain? Maybe now is the time to try that Spanish tapas restaurant everyone has been raving about, then follow it up with the latest museum exhibit at featuring the likes of Miró, Dali and Pablo Rey.
• Indulge in One Another’s Interests. This is a great way to share a little bit about yourself and encourage your date to do the same. Are you a bookworm? Bring your date to a reading for one of your favorite authors. Maybe your partner is a connoisseur of fine wines. Let them take the lead on another date with a trip to a local vineyard or wine shop for a tasting. As far as date ideas for seniors go, this is a great option because when someone is passionate about something, it can be contagious, not to mention extremely attractive. Relationships are about sharing and getting to know what makes the other person tick. So get out there and learn something new about each other and beyond.